Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do you ever feel like a worm?  I do!  Some days I really get down because I'm not skinny or beautiful or rich.  My children are not perfect angels.  I haven't baked a pie in a very long time.   Some nights I don't even cook dinner, and, more often than I should,  I go through McDonald's drive-thru.   I am often plagued by anxiety and I have nightmares and fears.  My house is often a mess, and I never fold socks.  That's right--I have a huge basket that is the "sock basket".  If you are looking for a pair of socks, you have to dig through the sock basket (that's one reason I love summer-flip flop weather!!).   

But I digress.  Anyway, I am a mess.  I know it, and those that love me know it, and they love me anyway.  But, the best news is that God isn't finished with me yet!  He has a plan for me and for you!!   I am already a new creature in the Lord, but one day I will be perfect.  That's what His plan is.  Just like our painted lady chrysalises that are becoming new creatures.  They might look like they are just hanging around, but a miracle is taking place!!  God isn't finished with them yet!   So in the meantime, I am going to keep praying, keep loving, and keep looking for the Lord.  I am going to live in that peace that surpasses all understanding.  

Here are four these little miracles:



1 comment:

Stacie said...

i completely understand! i do fold my socks, though, my house is a mess. and even when it is clean, there are little piles of clutter scattered about. i could never, ever live in a spotless, clutter-proof house. i am glad God's not done with me yet, either!

love all the school stuff... keep me posted. :)